Day-by-day new categories are being added to the mobile apps, this time digital therapeutics has made its presence in the app economy. This amazing new category of healthcare app helps in treating diseases by providing remote monitoring and modifying the patient behavior to refine long-term health results.
These days digital therapeutics have made astonishing progress by encouraging patients to stick to the diet and help them to join drug intake regimes. For sure, after reading this, you might be thinking that it sounds like a wellness app and there are already hundreds of apps are available in the market than why therapeutics mobile app?
Your answer is here, digital therapeutics have impressive ability to meet the latest challenges of healthcare sector successfully and its cost is also comparatively low as compared to other wellness apps. Let’s clear your doubt more specifically:
The key difference between digital therapeutics and wellness apps
The digital therapeutic is a digital system which is used to treat a medical condition, it also used in both stand-alone and in combination with conventional therapies.The main difference between digital therapeutics and other wellness apps is that it implements tailored treatment programs to specific diseases, especially major chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and lung diseases like COPD. In these life-threatening diseases, patient behavior is so crucial to examine the severity of the syndrome, at that point digital therapeutics play vital role by examining the symptoms and behavior change of the patients.
Now let’s give a cursory look at the rising market of digital therapeutics market
- “According to the research, the global digital therapeutics market size was estimated at $1.7 Billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at 21.0% CAGR from 2017 to 2025”.
- The adoption of digital therapeutics offers a reduction in healthcare costs associated with chronic diseases and successfully tracking and monitoring physical activity and eating habits of patients.
- Over 80% of U.S. healthcare spending is strongly rooted in unhealthy behaviors and poor drug compliance.
US Digital Threapeutics market, by application, 2014 – 2025 (USD Millon)
Benefits of digital therapeutics mobile apps
Here we mentioned some of the benefits of digital therapeutics, let’s have a look:
- Mobile based digital therapeutics can deliver healthcare facilities at massive scale and low cost. It not only help in preventing disease amelioration but also potentially save insurers billions of dollars.’Omada proved validation of this prospect when last year it got Medicare to agree to reimburse the cost of its digital diabetes prevention program’.
- Another potential feature of this digital system is data. Most of the pharmaceutical companies don’t track the real-world insights for their drugs after the clinical trials. But with the help of precise regimes and daily monitoring, digital therapeutics can provide real behavior data of patients to the doctors and can create feedback loops for individual patients. It also enables patients to take greater control over managing their chronic diseases and huge cost savings throughout the entire healthcare system.
- Some digital therapeutics has replaced medication with behavioral-based treatment. In this treatment, apps based visualization exercises help patients who are suffering from insomnia as an alternative to sleeping pills like Ambien. Some companies design a sensor that attaches to inhalers used by people who suffer from chronic asthma and COPD to monitor inhaler usage and provides feedback via a mobile app.
- With the help of an ingestible radio tag, we can examine the inner condition of the patients by putting it inside a pill and can send data to wearable devices. For elder patients, it helps in managing multiple chronic conditions with an array of daily medications.
Existing digital therapeutics
- Partners Connected Health
- Omada Health
The digital therapeutics are most effective and conventional therapies which are typically based on drugs and intermittent face-to-face coaching.It is more scalable than drug-based therapies and highly cost-effective too.The rise of digital therapeutics demonstrates once again the power of mobile computing as the most transformational technology platform the world has ever seen. If you want digital therapeutics that can easily embed into your business module than our expert mobile app developers can assist you with their deep-rooted knowledge of app development.