About This Project
The Journey – Our client approached us with an ingenious idea for a taxicab app. They were looking for a taxi booking platform that can work across different mobile platforms including iOS and Android. This taxi app helps users to avail fast and comfortable rides within minutes. With this project, the main aim of the client is to introduce serene ride concept where people can travel one place to other while enjoying the best transportation.
Challenges That We Faced During The Process
- Some of the challenges faced by our developers during the course of the project included –
- Since the application has to support money transfer, therefore, developing a highly secure app was our primary concern.
- Synchronize the real-time data in between mobile app & website and to develop world-class UI for easy navigation for layman users.
- The app had to offer a user-friendly interface for both passengers and drivers.
- The client wanted to ensure that the app would bring in better transparency while hiring a cab
Our solution comprises a secure mobile application framework, with smooth signup process and unimpeded UI, it won’t take much time to avail your first taxi ride. We developed the app using JSON so the taxi app could be installed and run smoothly on different OS platforms. With the help of GPS technology, this taxi app would automatically search for available cabs in the nearest area and could select the shortest path, car size including the ability to select AC or non AC cabs. We also assimilated a variety of payment option within the app, including credit card, online banking, and cash.
- Cloud-based Solution.
- Real-time vehicle position (GPS) and status updates.
- Android & IOS User Apps to book Taxi app and Android App for Driver App.
- Phone call- user can book a trip via call.
- Avail recurrent trips in one booking.
- Auto dispatch of order to nearest driver.
- Passenger locates driver position using GPS
- Owners / Dispatchers track Porter position using Google maps.
- In-app notifications to Users and drivers.
- Automatic route calculation.
- Automatic fare estimation and calculation.
- Cash / Credit card transactions.
- Facebook Login.
- Automatic E-receipts to User.
- Track daily transaction and reports.
- Extract and search reports using filters and dates.
- Easy Administrator and App management.
- Integrate additional payment gateway
- An emergency button on the right top corner
What we did ?
During our market research, we found that the Taxi market has gained a bump over the last 2-3 years and forced automotive OEMs to modify their growth and marketing strategies. According to research, revenue in the Ride Hailing segment will cross US$675m in 2019, so here the sky is limit for investors.
Through Hi Cab, we decided to improve the customer journey by merging the latest technologies to make travel lavish through real-time updates, customization, and optimal price.
We follow design-thinking methodology for making wireframes. After an intense creative design and development session with our clients, our developers devised a wireframe that would work best for the Taxi booking app.
User Interface Design
We comprehend with the client to draw his inputs on the design and came up with the best design for the concept that was ideated.
Backend and API
We designed the framework for the backend and created APIs to interact with the mobile app.
A working prototype of the Hi Cabs was prepared on the basis of application flow.
Hi cab is providing a very efficient means of cab booking and can be used by cab service operators, travel agencies, and people from the hospitality sector equally.