As Smartphone’s associated tablets become the device of alternative for several internet buyers there is additionally an e-commerce faction for retailers to adopt an app-based shopping model. As a result, a lot of businesses ought to rethink however they interact and connect mobile customers.We’re beginning to see that a number of the technology we have a tendency to get thus excited regarding isn’t as helpful as originally thought. If you’re taking into consideration a mobile app for your ecommerce business, you’ll need to take a glance at a number of the most recent statistics. Better to grasp whether or not your new app can cause you to cash before you invest everything, right?
According to a survey 40% of all on-line retail sales within the US, UK global market coming back directly from mobile, any serious ecommerce entertainer is aware of the worth in having a mobile-responsive web site. Additional ecommerce corporations are taking their mobile policy one step advance by building apps to present their customers a really committed shopping practice. We’re now at the point wherever websites, mobile responsive or not, could become outdated for the ecommerce business as corporations build the move to an app-only experience.
E-Commerce giants like Flipkart, Myntra, Amazon and Snapdeal have started their ecommerce apps and this has become a point of debate for experts.
Debating experts says that users should have the liberty to buy as they need. Forcing them to transfer an app can result in high drop off rates and users turning to competitive sites that provide an additional versatile user experience. Why a user will consume data, phone memory and additional time so as to buy for your product? Solely,if they’re getting anything very valuable in return.
The Benefits of mobile apps for Retailers
- Increased flexibility
- Meeting cross channel customer demands
- Personalizing the shopping experience and boosting customer loyalty
- Gathering meaningful data
- Facilitating payments and check-out
Some statistics which will show why an Ecommerce Store Needs a Mobile App?
- 85% of consumers prefer mobile app over mobile websites
- 41% of smartphone owners made a purchase from their mobile phone (in last 6 months)
- The growth of mobile commerce outpaced overall growth of ecommerce in 2013
- 1 out of every 3 visitors to the average retail website is mobile only
- By 2015, mobile shopping will account for $163 billion sales worldwide (12% of global ecommerce turnover)